Saturday 16 January 2010

Serato Scratch Live 2.0 & "The Bridge" (Video)



This is very exciting. For me, I normally have to go back and forth between Scratch Live & Ableton when producing mixtapes, whichcan be a laborious task; but with "The Bridge" it looks like my prayers have been answered. I'm also looking forward to incorporating Ableton Live into my sets, and since I've now got to grips with Video SL, this can really open up some doors!

What's New in Serato Scratch Live 2:

• Control Ableton Live and make editable Mixtapes with "The Bridge".
• A choice of 2, 3 or 4 decks with supported Rane hardware.
• Built-in DJ FX with an assignable "Super Knob" for quick live tweaking.
• Brand new Display Modes with a range screen layouts to suit your style of performing.
• Enhanced Album Art browsing for quick identification of your music.
• Build "Smart Crates" easily using keywords from your music library.
• Export your track plays and share them online with "Serato Playlists"

However, Traktor Scratch have also been pushing the boundaries with their X1 controller; given some time they too could also come up with something very interesting...

No comments: