Monday 19 April 2010

How I spent my weekend...

Like many other travellers, the recent volcano eruption in Iceland affected/screwed up my weekend..


I was due to fly out to China last Thursday for gigs in Beijing and Shanghai. My original flight to Amsterdam had been cancelled due the volcanic ash, but luckily I'd managed to get put on an earlier flight. I thought I'd beaten the wrath of Mr. Volcano...

However 30 minutes after boarding my connecting flight at Schipol airport we were informed that we wouldn't be flying to Beijing, and that all flights would be cancelled over the weekend. Gargantuan par...

The only way I could get back to the UK was to get a ferry on the Sunday, meaning I'd be stranded in Amsterdam for 3 to 4 days... I'm not into smoking, or visiting certain ladies either, so after spending an afternoon visiting various sneaker and record stores, I quickly got bored... I would have gone to the Van Gough or the Heineken museums, but all I wanted to do was just get back home.



As a result, I spent productive three days in a hotel room making mashups on Ableton, planning a few more mixtapes, and watching X-Men cartoons...

Its a shame, as i was really looking forward to spinning in China. God damn that fucking volcano....

No comments: