Saturday 5 April 2008

Akai MPD32



Akai just released their latest Midi controller over here in En-ger-land...

EDIT: Scrub that, you'll have to wait another 3-4 weeks....

Just ordered mine today, and I gotta say it looks like a lovely piece of kit. I've been wanting to use a Midi controller with Serato Scratch Live as well as Ableton to make my DJ sets a little bit more interesting for some time now, and after doing a bit of research, opted to wait for this to be released. I'll be able to assign/control a variety of things such as cue points, loops, load/unload deck, pitch bend, etc - all without touching my laptop. It'll serve me well at venues where I'm not able to use a TTM57.

One of the great things about this controller is the note repeat function, which is found on the MPC units. On top of that, you have 3 banks for each of the 8 faders and 8 rotaries, and 4 banks for the pads. That's a lot of Midi-assignage....

I'll post up some pics/videos as soon as Mr. Postman delivers it....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what happened dude ?