Friday 10 April 2009

DJ Cable Guest Mix on BBC Asian Network



It's been a pretty exciting week so far. On top of having 5 shows to do, and Serato Video-SL arriving in the post, I also had a guest mix aired on DJ Kayper's show on BBC Asian Network, as part of the Hype "Mixtape Challenge".

For those that don't know, each week Kayper does the "Mixtape Challenge" on her show, where she challenges a DJ to fit 3 or 4 Desi tracks into a 15 minute mix of any genre; be it cutting them up, remixing/re-editing them, etc...In other words, you gotta be creative!

Previous DJs who've taken up the challenge include Crookers, MJ Cole, DJ Craze & DJ Yoda, so I knew I had to step my game up! So as a result, this mix showcases a lot more scratching, a whole mixture of genres, and some re-editing which I've done in Ableton. I hope you enjoy it!

Oh, there's also a brief interview with me at the start too...You can all witness how...erm...monotone/quiet I am lol...

Listen/Get: DJ Cable "Mixtape Challenge" for BBC Asian Network

Tracklisting:

01. Interview/Intro
02. Sukshinda - Shinda Wanga
03. Snoop Doog - Drop It Like It's Hot (Instrumental)
04. AC/DC - Back In Black
05. DJ H & Rags - Char Panj
06. Mavado - So Special/Unfinished Business Riddim (Instrumental)
07. Dil Se - Chaiyya Chaiyya
08. J-Kwon Tipsy (Instrumental)
09. Queen - We Will Rock You
10. DJ Starski & DJ AD - Right Thurr 2009
11. DJ Vix - Ah Chak Bottel Daru Di
12. DJ Class Feat. Lil Jon - I'm The Ish (Bonus Beats)
13. K.I.G. Family - Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes
14. Dizzee Rascal - Stand Up Tall
15. DJ Zinc - 138 Trek (Bonus Beats)
16. Jammin' - Go DJ
17. Skepta - Duppy
18. Benga - 26 Basslines
19. Shreya Ghosal - Silsila Ye Chahat Ka
20. Chase & Status - Eastern Jam

Got any thoughts? Be sure to leave a comment or holla

P.S. Some of you may recognise a few tracks here from "The Mash Down: Vol. 2". You can still grab it here for FREE!

No comments: