Wednesday 14 January 2009
Rane TTM 56S Mixer
The Rane TTM 56 is arguably the best scratch mixer out there. I've tried practically every major scratch mixer on the market, and nothing stands up to the faders, and overall build quality of the mixer. After getting a TTM 57, my old mixer is sitting there gathering dust, but will surface again once battle season's up and running.
Anyhow, Rane are now replacing the TTM 56 with the TTM 56S, which has not only seen a small facelift, but also new and improved features:
• Universal internal power supply works anywhere you can plug into 100-240 VAC.
• All four inputs are now Phono/Line switchable - plug in 4 turntables or 4 CD players, or any combination.
• Both 1/4" and 3.5 mm headphone jacks are now provided on the front.
• The Transform switches are now Kill switches.
• Operation is simplified by putting all the controls on top, increasing the width by one inch. Text is now readable in the dark under black light.
You'll also be glad to know that Rane haven't changed the faders at all. The inclusion of XLR outputs would have been a nice touch, but that's not the end of the world.
Shout to my boy Lewis/Sketchy for the heads up.