Thursday 9 October 2008

Cable Wins The "Alizé Remixed" Competition!



I've just found out I'm one of the "Alizé Remixed" Competition winners!

To Celebrate 21 years of Alizé, they held a DJ competition back in the Spring/Summer months, to coincide with their "Alizé Remixed" tour. Basically you had to create a 10 minute mini mix of your favourite party tracks from the past 21 years, and then upload them to the contest’s website. It could include as many tracks or genres, just as long as the mix was dope.

As there were five dates for the tour, there would be five winners in total - Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol & London...

I entered this for fun and completely forgot about it....Then out of the blue today, I got a call to say that I had won!

As part of the main prize, I'll be spinning at Paper in London on October 25th, supporting the legend that is Grandmaster Flash. Totally stoked....

I also wanna give props to Alizé for putting on the competition. The fundamentals of DJ-ing is being able to rock a party, and more contests such as this would be dope for DJ culture in general, especially in this age where nearly everything can be done at the click of a mouse button.

Lastly, if you wanna check out the mix which I submitted, click here.

Tracklisting:

01. Tupac - Got My Mind Made Up
02. Redman - Blow Your Mind
03. House Of Pain - Jump Around
04. Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
05. Boyz II Men - Motown Philly
06. De La Soul - Me Myself And I
07. Fatman Scoop & DJ Kool - It Takes Scoop
08. Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath
09. Reel 2 Real - I Like To Move It
10. Sean Paul - Temperature
11. Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria
12. Robin S - Show Me Love (Stonebridge Club Mix)
13. Justin Timberlake - My Love
14. Tag Team - Whoomp (There It Is)
15. Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child Of Mine

There's not as much scratching/juggling on this as you'll find in some of the Weekly Mixes, since the guidelines were to focus on selection, but there's a few things here and there....

Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

DJ WM said...

congrats mannn, the mix is tight!!!

DJ Madskillz said...

nice one bro!!! mix is nice!! Love the Robin S blend!

Peace
-Madskillz

DJ Cable said...

Cheers for the feedback guys! Much appreciated....