Monday 13 December 2010

Classic Tracks: Calibre "Drop It Down"


Ignore those crusty-looking blonde dreads.


It's been a long while since I hit you with a "Classic Tracks" post, and after recently realising this is available for digital download I thought I'd dedicate this one to Calibre's faultless "Drop It Down".

A little bit about this tune: This came out around late 2004. I was in my final year of university, and had just taken a part time job at Chemical Records. I used to sort out the mail orders in the warehouse and occasionally help out in the store out front, as well as unpacking the deliveries. Upon discovering this tune, it got rinsed in the store all day....until the management eventually reclaimed the store's sound system and changed the playlist...

Anyhow, "Drop It Down" itself is a perfect combination of deep bass, piano stabs and rolling drums; and with MC Fats on the vocals, you've got one soulful roller...

This tune reminds me of the good times I had at countless house parties and club nights during that final period of University. I miss those Drive By nights at Level, Creation, and the numerous other raves at venues such as Bristol Academy.

No comments: