Monday 17 August 2009

La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix)




I'm gonna come right out and say it. I don't like La Roux. I think it takes more than a lead singer that looks like an ugly Ron Weasley and a reluctance to accept that the 80s has been and gone to make good music. That said, I do like a lot of the remixes of La Roux's tracks. Skream's remix of In For The Kill is undoubtedly one of the biggest tracks of his career and is responsible for bringing dubstep well and truly into the mainstream (for better or worse...). Foamo's remixes are fantastic; all of them, but most notably Bulletproof in my opinion. Zinc's rework of Bulletproof was similarly impressive, along with a spate of remixes from markworthy producers such as DatA.

Here we have the latest addition to the La Roux remix family, a Jack Beats remix of forthcoming single I'm Not Your Toy. If you haven't come across Jack Beats yet (1/3 of Scratch Perverts and 1/2 of the Mixologists) you've been going to the wrong clubs. This remix is pretty typical of their sound; dark, synthy and wobbly. Enjoy

Get: La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix) 320kbps

No comments: