Monday 28 April 2008

DJ Cable's Weekly Mix #14 (Download)



Yep yep, here's the 14th(!) installment of my Weekly Mini Mixes for you all....If you've missed out on any previous mixes - They can all be found here.

Anyhow - A few of you may know that I originally started off spinning Drum & Bass when I first got turntables....so for this week, I decided to go back to my roots and throw some D&B joints together.

As usual, stream/download via Zshare

Tracklisting:

01. Die & Clipz - Number One
02. Keaton & Hive - Bring It On
03. Jaydan - After Dark
04. Lynx - Distance Zero
05. Chase & Status - Hurt You
06. Clipz - Ugly
07. Utah Saints - Something Good '08 (High Contrast Remix)

BONUS! I have yet another refix for you all....If you listen to BBC 1Xtra then you may have heard Mistajam's rather excellent 'Night Time Soulja', where he's taken the existing Soulja Boy track, and put a Benga & Coki loop behind it.

I decided to expand on that, add a DJ friendly intro, chopped up some vocals and cut from the original track to the 'Night' instrumental....I've been sitting on this for a few months now, but thought I'd might as well share it with you....I must also stress as well that Mistajam came up with the idea first (Cable & biting doesn't mix!) - So, here's my take on Mistajam's already dope blend record:

Mistajam - 'Night Time Soulja' (DJ Cable Refix)

Got feedback? Holla!