Saturday 31 December 2011

End of the Year: 2011



Another year over, another recap from yours truly! Keeping with last year's recap, I'll try and make this one short and sweet.



Most of my time this year was taken up with touring with Yasmin, DJ-ing all over the UK, as well as the odd gig abroad (shouts to Snowbombing). From playing at Glastonbury, to V Festival, SW4, Wireless, Belsonic, Wakestock, supporting Mac Miller, and countless other shows, I've definitely had fun playing to a whole range of crowds, and meeting some excellent people along the way.



As for club nights, I'd like to give a shout out to Shawn and Emily at Le Scratch and Supa Dupa Fly, Tim and Barry & Motive for the Just Jam and Overproof bookings, and to everyone else who's booked me to DJ this year.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting the Triangulum releases too. Whilst it's been a slow start to the label this year (mainly due to tour commitments), 2012 will see more output from the likes of Teeza, SRC, Tanka, and more. Big up Fused Forces and DCult for supplying great music. Watch out for them too.


I've been able to produce guest mixes for the likes of Annie Mac, Annie Nightingale, CJ Beatz, labels such as Universal and Warner, and artists such as Dream McLean. Watch out for him in 2012, trust me.

Also, massive shouts to Sian Anderson for inviting me on to her Rinse FM show for a guest mix.

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone who's taken the time to visit my blog, download a mix, come to a show, follow me on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook. Whilst I can be a moody git online sometimes, your support is always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks for all your support, and make sure you stick around in 2012.

Happy New Year. Big up.

P.S. RIP Heavy D, Steve Jobs, Joe Frazier, Amy Winehouse and Patrice O'Neal.

No comments: