Sunday 19 June 2011

Unreleased Tupac & Boot Camp Click album



Last week would have been Tupac's 40th Birthday. A lot of people claim that the game would be much different if he were still alive, and I agree. Although I wasn't the biggest fan like some of my peers (I still rate Biggie over 'Pac), he did leave behind a classic back catalogue, and a collection of tunes that will stand the test of time.

I think a lot of people would want to know what a more mature Tupac would sound like as an artist, and it's safe to say that one of the things that he would have done would be to end the coastal war. Want proof? Well, here's a full unreleased collaboration album with NY's Boot Camp Click. This is 100% original, no posthumous remixes or anything like that...

Duck Down Records CEO Dru Ha recalls the recording process:

I’ve been doing this now for 16 years and I’ve been in the studio with everyone we can think of and I’ve never seen anyone work the way he worked. I don’t even know where he pulled the energy from. He would just write the rhyme like right on the spot. Fuck them people that say that they don’t write, Pac would just write it. He would be in the booth doing it in one or two takes and then call the next emcee up. If they didn’t have their shit ready, he didn’t care if it was The Outlawz or if it was Buckshot. ‘Next! Next!’ He would just dismiss the emcee. It was never like, ‘nah, nah it’s cool, take your time.’ He put the pressure on and he kept the pressure on. It was intense and it was cool to watch.


DOWNLOAD

Tracklisting:

01. Let’s Fight
02. Tattoo Tearz
03. My Own Style (Feat. Greg Nice)
04. Secrets of War
05. Wherever U R (Feat. Big Daddy Kane)
06. The Struggle Continues
07. Brothaz at Arms
08. Worldwide Dime Piece (Feat. Greg Nice & Snoop Dogg)
09. Military Minds
10. Thug Nigga (Feat. Greg Nice)
11. Bonus: Military Minds (Version 2)

Via The Rap Up

No comments: